Soft Hack
12-16-2008, 07:46 PM
i guess There is a Soft Hack for the wii now!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-17-2008, 07:06 PM
Yeah, I saw that... would be interesting to see what you could do with that.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-12-2009, 10:40 PM
I recently applied the softmod, it's actually pretty neat. You can put media players on it, and use emulators that can access roms from a remote location. Of course, there's tons of homebrew applications that I want to try out.
01-14-2009, 09:59 PM
my sister got a wii now. maybe u can send a good link on how u did it. does the games burn on a dvd5 or cdr?
03-25-2009, 11:01 PM
Yeah actually, just recently a netcast that I watch did an episode on just this topic. Anywho, they explain it pretty well... so i'll let them do that.

The games burn on normal dvd-r discs, although in my experience Imation discs do not work.

Enjoy!

03-27-2009, 08:50 PM
Deffinately telling Jack to do this one. :icon_lol:
11-08-2009, 10:34 PM
I use to frequent the scene alot back in the xbox years. sorta loss interest after a good while. but now i am wondering about the ps3

I would love the ps3 to be hacked, but not for games but to enable a better media system then it is already.

that being said has there been any way to get .mkv playing on it yet (preferable h264) and since h264 mp4 don't play nor the same in an avi container, the same question goes for them also.

thanks,
11-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Honestly I don't even think that there is a good mod for the ps3 yet. I think the best luck for an even better media system would be to install linux and then install xbmc. Other than that, I don't think any real progress has been made for a softmod, but then again, I don't own a ps3 so I haven't really been keeping up with that scene.